" Tell Me what it is you plan to do with your ONE wild and precious life ?" ~ Mary Oliver

all is well

don't faint........i know it has been so long since i've posted anything, most of you probably thought i'd given up. well you were mostly right ;)
    but 1 of my new years resolutions was to keep this updated ( even if that is just once a week )
so many things have happened since i last posted anything i wouldn't even know where to begin to catch up, so i think maybe it's better if i just continue forward and do so much better from now on !


all is well with the higbee's  we are as busy as ever, and trying to be somewhat more organized.---
   the older the kids get the more out of control i feel my life gets. the days that i plan on being home and getting all my "mommy duties" done, are the days that i get 50 phone calls from each of the kids, saying i've forgotten a library book or my p.e. clothes, or hey mom can you run down and check this out. i have to admilt some days it drives me CRAZY..... until i start thinking about how fast life is speeding by. i'm realizing, before i know it, my kids will be grown and heading out to start lives of their own(what a scary thought for me). as a mother i guess i just hope that i have them ready to go out into the world and face whatever they may be faced with. so if that means that no laundry gets done until midnight because they have needed me during the day, or that dinner is a little late, and when we finally eat we do it on paper plates, because who knows if there will be time to do the dishes before someone needs help with homework, or a project, or oh mom i forgot i have practice RIGHT NOW ! i'm really o.k. with it. my house may not always be emaculate, but guess what we live in it, and it's always full of warmth, and kids and friends, and food, and a lot of chaos---- so to me that means it's full of LOVE, and that makes me one happy momma

2 comments:

Emily said...

You just described my life. I thought I would have more time since all my kids are in school now. Not even close! I am glad that you are doing well. Just keep trying to stay sane and it's OK to have a nervous breakdown several times a week.

Michelle said...

I agree with your Kitten, enjoy the time you have with your children. They do grow up way to fast and then you really have no control over them or the situations they get into. I sometimes wish that I had mine back. And then I enjoy the quiet time I have now and am glad that they are grown up to be the wonderful people that they are! (At least I think they are). Have fun today and everyday with them!